According to a recent University of Michigan survey, the majority of cell phone users admit to being irritated with other people for using cell phones in a public place.
- Put your phone on “silent” and let your voicemail take your calls during special events or business meetings.
- Put others first. The people you are with should take precedence over calls or texts you want to make or receive.
- If you are expecting a call or text that can’t be postponed, alert your companions ahead of time.
- Don’t be guilty of cell yell.
- Don’t discuss private matters in public places.